Content Manager - Fixed Term Contract
We are looking for a highly organised Content Manager to play a vital role in our mission to ensure people affected by diabetes live well and confident lives.
Reporting to the Senior Content Manager, your focus will be to lead and manage the digital content side of the Content Team. You will be responsible for delivering against the multi-channel, multi-format content roadmap, created in collaboration with the Senior Content Manager. You will ensure Content Producers in your team and devolved website editors across the organisation put audience needs at the forefront of all digital content created, as well as uphold the highest standards in SEO, accessibility and readability best practice.
An expert in combining the power of storytelling with a strong brand voice, you will understand what successful content marketing looks like for content in all forms – including copy, video, photography, graphical and audio. You will use this expertise to consult colleagues across Diabetes UK on marketing and communications integrated campaigns, supporting the Content Team in acting as an internal content agency.
Interviews: from 23 November 2020
- Line manage, lead and develop a team of digital content producers.
- Content governance – work with the Publications Manager to develop and uphold content production processes and best practice guides.
- Use a mixture of hands-on content production skills with management of a team to deliver against a multi-channel content roadmap.
- Optimise website content for search, accessibility, readability and user experience.
- Expertly leverage tools and data to ensure content is user-centred, to evaluate success and to report performance to senior stakeholders – including personas, marketing segmentation, keyword tools and Google Analytics.
The Ideal Candidate
- Passionate about giving users excellent content experiences.
- Highly organised and will love collaborating with others to achieve strategic goals.
- Able to hit the ground running, quickly learning to navigate a complex organisation and its policies and procedures.
- Enjoy a mixture of hands-on content production and managing a team to deliver content.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan (on completion of your probation period)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently 3.8 million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and 1 million more with undiagnosed Type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We've recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here