This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic administrator to join a busy content team.
This is an integral support role that keeps the whole team ticking along and therefore also includes arranging meetings, booking rooms and travel when required, managing the team credit card and expense forms and working closely with external suppliers. This is a varied administrative position, for someone looking to start a career in Content, within a friendly team in an extremely supportive working environment.
- Raise purchase orders and process the teams invoices and tracking overall spend/income.
- Manage all correspondence for the Content team, including internal requests, user feedback, reader enquiries via emails, magazine inboxes, letters and telephone calls.
- Ensure excellent customer service and relations, both for internal and external clients.
- Ensure files, schedules and archives are up to date and accurate.
- Offer support across the team
- Help maintain and update the content calendar
- Maintain team trackers and content schedules in line with team meetings
- Help the team get the support required from IT with technical issues.
- Maintain and oversee best practice storage of folders on the server.
Editorial / Content:
- Assist with delivery of editorial projects, ensuring they are delivered on time and to agreed standards.
- Support the team with online content administration, creating, editing and publishing pages in the CMS platform, overseeing the web-updates inbox.
- Write briefs for external contributors
- Source photographs and images as required
- Keep up to date on the latest editorial, health information, content trends, digital and publishing developments
- Typeset and work on scripts for large-print products / accessible information
- Manage the process of competitions / giveaways, collating both the email and written entries, selecting winners and distributing prizes in line with published deadlines
- Support in researching, writing, subbing and proofing for online and offline, including but not limited to: print and digital magazines, information products and our flagship magazines.
The Ideal Candidate
- Exceptionally organised with excellent time management
- An excellent and highly effective communicator
- Process-driven and able to work under pressure
- A great writer, editor and proofreader, with a high level of attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn new skills
- A team player, with the ability to work with colleagues across the organisation
- Innovative and creative
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to 1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
About the Company
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.6 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 12.3 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now and take action now to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition.
Diabetes UK is a forward thinking and commercially focused organisation, and is the leading charity for the 4.6 million people with the condition in the UK.
As we continue to improve our processes, through continual development and change, this is an exciting time to join us. With established funding streams and following on from the success of our previous five-year plan, we are in a strong position to continue developing and responding to changing environments.
We rely heavily upon the expertise and motivation of our staff in order to work towards our many aims and meet objectives. We aim to be an equal opportunity employer; the organisation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all. We gladly make the adjustments required for people with disabilities to join us. Our diverse functions mean that we can offer you a wide range of rewarding career opportunities.
Diabetes UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable and expects all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm if youd like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here