Consent Marketing Manager
Working across the organisation, the role will be responsible for implementing the charity’s consent marketing programme in order to maximise permissions across a number of key segments and channels. The role will be key to connecting our strategic approach with an effective marketing plan that will maximise consent levels. The role will feed into a broader programme of work around our GDPR compliance and will need to work collaboratively with other colleagues to ensure work is prioritised, sequenced and aligned appropriately.
The role will work directly with marketing delivery teams to ensure visibility of all marketing activity ensuring we are optimising data capture to protect income generation activities ensuring our service users, volunteers, campaigners and members of the public have an excellent Diabetes UK experience.
This is a 6 month fixed term contract.
- Implementation of Diabetes UK’s consent marketing strategy
- Campaign management of all consent marketing activities from planning to delivery
- Manage and report on the consent marketing budget
- To be familiar with legal and regulatory changes in Data Protection legislation and wider regulation including the Fundraising Regulator and Institute of Fundraising
- Work closely with Information Governance, Legal and Information Technology departments to ensure all data capture and processing is compliant and loaded to the database according to internal processing guidance
- Work closely with colleagues in Business Support to ensure our consent marketing activity is aligned to the organisations wider GDPR work
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to ensure tasks are completed to objectives and budget
- Work with key teams across Diabetes UK to ensure all activity is coordinated and aligned to existing supporter communications plans
The Ideal Candidate
The best person for this job will be able to:
- Deliver operational plans along with effective monitoring and control systems.
- Manage complex budgets.
- Work under pressure, meet deadlines and work as part of a team.
- Analyse and interpret results and translate this analysis into action.
- Use initiative and have the confidence to make decisions.
- Develop strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
The best person for this job will have experience in:
- Delivering marketing projects in a complex organisation
- Planning and executing successful direct marketing campaigns
- Multi-channel direct marketing campaigns including direct mail, email and online
- Data segmentation and targeting of audiences for marketing purposes as well as experience working with databases
The best person for this job will be:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in a marketing discipline.
- Creative and confident, valuing research and paying close attention to accuracy.
- Well-organised, proactive and able to prioritise own work; with strong project management and planning skills.
- Excellent at influencing and negotiating.
- Strong team worker and motivator of self and others.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual Season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
About the Company
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.5 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 11.9 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition.
Diabetes UK is a forward thinking and commercially focused organisation, and is the leading charity for the 4.5 million people with the condition in the UK.
As we continue to improve our processes, through continual development and change, this is an exciting time to join us. With established funding streams and following on from the success of our previous five-year plan, we are in a strong position to continue developing and responding to changing environments.
We rely heavily upon the expertise and motivation of our staff in order to work towards our many aims and meet objectives. We aim to be an equal opportunity employer; the organisation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all. We gladly make the adjustments required for people with disabilities to join us. Our diverse functions mean that we can offer you a wide range of rewarding career opportunities.
Diabetes UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable and expects all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To Learn more about the work we do - Click here