To work with and support the Senior Conference Manager to project manage a portfolio of high quality events for professional and public audiences which form part of the Diabetes UK conference programme.
The role will focus on the planning and delivery of our flagship professional conference, liaising with members of the programme committee and high-profile speakers to help compile the conference programme. You will lead on the delivery of designated elements of the conference and also project manage your own events.
The post holder will need to be highly organised and efficient with excellent attention to detail.
Interviews: Thursday 23 May 2019
- Lead on relationship management of the Professional Conference Organising Committee (PCOC) by acting as their day-to-day contact, supporting the chair during committee meetings, taking minutes and being responsible for the implementation of actions agreed
- Liaise with and formally invite senior level conference speakers, chairs, workshop presenters and activity leaders and special guests. Manage their accommodation, registration, audio-visual or other requirements and act as their primary contact both pre-event and onsite.
- Lead on the planning and delivery of social events linked to the conference, including venue selection, planning, entertainment, decoration and onsite delivery
- Support the Senior Conference Manager in being the primary point of contact with the venue and manage the day to day planning aspects of the events to include logistics, room allocation, catering requirements and any other necessary services
- Create and deliver individual marketing plans for conferences alongside the Senior Conference Manager and Marketing team, working with the Database team to identify and develop mailing data and analyse attendance data for marketing purposes
- Lead on the development and maintenance of the event website
The Ideal Candidate
- Manage a busy workload with many competing deadlines while remaining calm and focused
- Build and manage professional and effective relationships with high level speakers and committee members
- Provide an excellent level of customer service to these speakers, event participants and all other stakeholders
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with a wide range of people
- Be available for occasional out of hours and weekend working
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently 3.8 million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and 1 million more with undiagnosed Type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We've recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - click here