Community Fundraising Manager
This is an exciting time to join the dynamic Community and Events Fundraising Team as a Community Fundraising Manager. With our organisational vision of ‘a world where diabetes can do no harm’ we are developing a brand new strategic direction for the team to proactively seek relationships within communities in order to grow income. We are looking for a fundraising professional who can deliver engaging products and material to enable supporters to fundraise for Diabetes UK, drive supporter acquisition and increase our average gift. We are looking for someone to coordinate our approach, to supporter communications, so we retain as many supporter relationships as possible to allow us to deliver our exciting plans for growth.
This is a fixed term contract until the end of February 2020
Interview date: 19 June 2019
This is a crucial central role within the community fundraising team responsible for the management and effective delivery of the central community fundraising function, ensuring consistently good supporter stewardship and an excellent supporter experience. Ensuring delivery of compliant quality mass supporter communications and marketing campaigns using audience insight.
This role must work cross organisationally and with third party suppliers to ensure Diabetes UK supporters have all they need to fundraise for our charity including development of engaging fundraising products, tools and materials for a community fundraising audience, fulfilment of those fundraising materials and maintenance of central processes and procedures.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced Line Manager
- Knowledgeable about the principles and practices of community fundraising
- Proactive relationship builder with internal and external stakeholders ideally with experience of managing third party suppliers.
- Experienced in using audience insight to inform the development of fundraising materials, products and mass marketing communications
- Flexible, self-motivated and able to work independently, with a can-do attitude and a solution focussed approach in tackling challenges.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently 3.8 million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and 1 million more with undiagnosed Type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We've recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - click here