Communications Manager - 12 months FTC
- To lead on all communications work for Diabetes UK Cymru.
- Develop and deliver the charity’s communications and media strategy for Wales including contributing to cross UK media planning meetings, growing our presence in Wales and placing our messages strategically in media outlets
- Conduct media interviews in English (and Welsh) across print and broadcast (TV and radio) outlets.
- Provide media briefings to directors and spokespeople (DUK staff, clinicians and people with diabetes)
- Manage the charity’s national communications grid/plan in collaboration with HQ media colleagues
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone with significant experience of communications and / or media relations to deliver bilingual (English & Welsh) communication through these functions and liaise with central teams to ensure our Welsh Language Scheme is developed and delivered across all areas of the charity’s work. This will include acting as a bilingual spokesperson for the charity in the media.
The successful candidate will have proven experience of developing, delivering and assessing communications projects and experience of website and social media management.
You will need an organised approach to work and be a strong team player.
You will need to be flexible to contributing to and supporting the work of all those in this small but hard-working national team, sometimes outside of the immediate remit of the job.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan (on completion of your probation period)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently 3.8 million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and 1 million more with undiagnosed Type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We've recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here