Campaigns and Mobilisation Officer
Are you ready to join an award winning campaigns and mobilisation team helping millions of people living with diabetes?
Diabetes UK is looking for a talented campaigner to help us develop and deliver our campaigning and influencing work.
Interviews: 9 December (face to face at Wells Lawrence House, London)
Join us and you’ll support the development and delivery of our campaigning and mobilisation work at both a national and local level - putting together creative plans to influence policy and improve care. You’ll develop engaging campaign materials, champion our work across the organisation and support people living with and affected by diabetes to take action.
The Ideal Candidate
You’ll have experience working in a campaigns and/or mobilisation role. You’ll be a great communicator with a track record of working as part of a busy team and a commitment to involving campaigners and supporters your work. You’ll be creative, coming up with new and interesting ideas for new and existing campaigns. You’ll also have experience managing small projects and coordinating activity across different departments.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
For the 4.8 million people in the UK with diabetes, there’s no day off. So, at Diabetes UK, we’re leading the fight every day, campaigning for better care, treatment and support. We won’t stop until diabetes can do no harm.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We’re very excited to have been placed in the top 30 best UK charities to work for, and in the top 75 best large companies in London.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do please visit our website