CIS Support Analyst
This is a hands on role, with shared responsibility of providing day-to-day technical support on the organisation’s supporter database (CARE NG). This will range from creating new user accounts to supporting with the resolution of data issues, making sure all work in progress/completed is recorded on IT’s workflow management tool for auditing purposes.
In consultation with stakeholders, the CIS Support Analyst will be responsible for the creation of data templates to re-engineer and import data from 3rd party suppliers towards the delivery of our full data life cycle: capture, clean, enhance, use, compile, analyse.
The role’s primary goal is to coordinate and resolve internal issues relating to the organisational database, enabling the charity to manage all its business-critical data centrally, safely and securely.
- Classroom and one to one training sessions on business critical information systems. Report feedback and identify improvements that could be made to the service offered.
- Maintain IT system process documentation and ensure this is up to date
- Ensure users experience consistently high levels of customer service through all channels
- Escalate issues and bugs to the CIS Product Manager or the supplier and support with remedial actions as advised by IT Management team
- Support the CIS Product Manager to deliver key strategic projects associated with IT systems e.g. CIS Improvement Strategy. Complete requirements gathering exercises and provide technical support to enhance data and/or the system to ensure it meets business needs.
- Create complex data import templates ensuring business requirements have been met, liaising with Senior Systems Analyst, CIS Product Manager and Lead CRM Business Analyst to test and implement within a live environment
- Act as point of contact of Blender issues raised through IT’s workflow tool (Redmine)
- Proactively resolve any data issues relating to 3rd party suppliers – work with account managers to follow data resupply rules to ensure successful outcome
- Maintain and update system documentation for all user applications managed by IT
- Work with the Business Analyst to maintain the issue and risk log. Record staff feedback and highlight customer issues to management.
- Take ownership of user problems, understand root cause and proactively resolve issues. Document key learnings and ensure audit history is maintained through Redmine.
- Improve system processes by studying current practices and suggest improvements.
- Create management reports to identify trends and identify knowledge gaps on IT systems
- Embrace Diabetes UK volunteering activities through involving volunteers in your work and own participation through active volunteering within Diabetes UK.
- Undertake other work as might reasonably be required by the CIS Product Manager and Information Systems & Engagement Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
The best person for this job will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of how own area of work relates to Diabetes UK strategic priorities.
- Effectively prioritise their workload to deliver agreed outcomes
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively work across teams in order to achieve results
- Confidently deliver the CIS training programme to staff and obtain feedback as part of our commitment to best practice
- Deal with end users and ensure issues are addressed in a timely manner and customerexpectations have been met
- Demonstrate attention to detail during periods of high pressure
- Able to follow processes without supervision
- Work independently on project tasks, liaising with staff at all levels within the charity
- Demonstrate initiative by working through technical issues and offering solutions to mitigate risk of any future incidents
- Able to demonstrate effective Problem solving skills
The best person for this job will have experience in:
- Experience working with IRIS Care CRM package and other IT systems (e.g. SharePoint)
- Experience of change control procedures.
- Training in a classroom setting
- Knowledge of data protection principles
- Project Management protocols
- Analytical problem solving skills
- SQL Programming/Reporting
- SSRS (Sequel Server Reporting Services)
The best person for this job will be:
- Customer Focused
- Results driven
- Forward thinking
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual Season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
About the Company
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.5 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 11.9 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition.
Diabetes UK is a forward thinking and commercially focused organisation, and is the leading charity for the 4.5 million people with the condition in the UK.
As we continue to improve our processes, through continual development and change, this is an exciting time to join us. With established funding streams and following on from the success of our previous five-year plan, we are in a strong position to continue developing and responding to changing environments.
We rely heavily upon the expertise and motivation of our staff in order to work towards our many aims and meet objectives. We aim to be an equal opportunity employer; the organisation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all. We gladly make the adjustments required for people with disabilities to join us. Our diverse functions mean that we can offer you a wide range of rewarding career opportunities.
Diabetes UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable and expects all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To Learn more about the work we do - Click here