Our brand has a huge job to do in helping us reach and support the 4.7 million people currently living with diabetes in the UK, and reaching the 11.9 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes.
As Brand Executive you’ll be responsible for embedding, championing and managing the brand across the organisation in a way that maximises its impact and brings it to life across key communication touchpoints. You’ll work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation and help staff understand and engage with our brand.
You’ll be joining us at an exciting time – we’ve recently undergone a brand refresh (which is about to be revealed), and just announced our ambitious new organisational strategy. Combined, we’re confident that these will accelerate the impact we have on those living with, or at risk of, this devastating condition. You will play an integral part in making that a reality.
You’ll help us deliver key cross-organisation projects, campaigns and initiatives and continually develop our brand to make sure it inspires and engages our supporters and the people we’re here to help.
Interview Dates: 27 & 29 January 2020
- Act as a brand guardian, by providing consultancy, training and tools to make sure it’s used effectively at every touchpoint.
- Act as a key contact for marcomms projects, providing feedback and input that will strengthen our creative.
- Be a brand champion and help to improve engagement with staff and key stakeholders across the organisation.
- Being our expert on our visual identity, our personality and tone of voice, providing support to help people bring them to life creatively.
- Support on the roll-out of our refreshed brand, and manage team projects that continue to build our brand.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who is passionate about our cause. Someone that is fired up by the challenge of ensuring our brand inspires and engages our audiences, so that we can meet our vision of a world where diabetes does no harm.
You’ll have an excellent understanding of the role of brand, enthusiastic about bringing our cause to life creatively, and supporting staff in using it well. And you’ll be able to show us that you put audience and engagement at the heart of everything you do.
You’ll be a team player with a can-do attitude and able to manage a busy and varied workload. You’ll be highly organised, with strong attention to detail and experience working within agencies, brand or marketing.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan (on completion of your probation period)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently 3.8 million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and 1 million more with undiagnosed Type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We've recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here