Area Fundraising Manager
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated individual to join us as an Area Fundraising Manager for London, South East and Eastern Region.
Reporting to the Senior Community Fundraising Manager, you will be responsible for developing and leading a regionally dispersed team to inspire and engage our existing supporters, recruit new supporters and to grow income for our Community Fundraising programme.
Interview Date: 31 July 2019
In year one of an ambitious 3 year strategy, this is an exciting time to join our team and help shape the development of Community Fundraising at Diabetes UK. This role will be accountable for:
- The leadership, remote line-management and performance management for a team of home based geographically dispersed Regional Fundraisers
- Motivating and inspiring a team to deliver against KPIs, income and net contribution targets
- Contributing to the development and delivery of a community fundraising acquisition strategy to recruit new supporters, provide sector leading supporter experiences and to grow income
- Working across teams to create opportunity and gain support for community fundraising.
This role has line-management responsibility for a team of 3 Regional Fundraisers as well as developing strong relationships across the wider Engagement and Fundraising Directorate and charity.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be a fundraising professional with proven achievements in line management, financial management and delivery against targets and KPIs. They will have experience in and commitment to relationship fundraising and excellent supporter stewardship, as well as the drive and enthusiasm necessary to grow our Community Fundraising programme.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently 3.8 million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and 1 million more with undiagnosed Type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We're leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we've been behind.
But there's more to do. And you can be part of it.
We're a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We've recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We're committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - click here