Area Fundraising Manager
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated individual to join us as an Area Fundraising Manager for London, South East and Eastern Region.
Reporting to the Senior Community Fundraising Manager, you will be responsible for developing and leading a regionally dispersed team to inspire and engage our existing supporters, recruit new supporters and to grow income for our Community Fundraising programme.
This a role can be home-based or report into our South East or London Office. This is a 12 month fixed term contract
Interview date: 26th October 2018
In year one of an ambitious 3 year strategy, this is an exciting time to join our team and help shape the development of Community Fundraising at Diabetes UK. This role will be accountable for:
- The leadership, remote line-management and performance management for a team of home based geographically dispersed Regional Fundraisers
- Motivating and inspiring a team to deliver against KPIs, income and net contribution targets
- Contributing to the development and delivery of a community fundraising acquisition strategy to recruit new supporters, provide sector leading supporter experiences and to grow income
- Working across teams to create opportunity and gain support for community fundraising.
- Line-management responsibility for a team of Regional Fundraisers as well as developing strong relationships across the wider Engagement and Fundraising Directorate and charity.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be a fundraising professional with proven achievements in line management, financial management and delivery against targets and KPIs.
They will have experience in and commitment to relationship fundraising and excellent supporter stewardship, as well as the drive and enthusiasm necessary to grow our Community Fundraising programme.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
About the Company
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.6 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 12.3 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition.
Diabetes UK is a forward thinking and commercially focused organisation, and is the leading charity for the 4.6 million people with the condition in the UK.
As we continue to improve our processes, through continual development and change, this is an exciting time to join us. With established funding streams and following on from the success of our previous five-year plan, we are in a strong position to continue developing and responding to changing environments.
We rely heavily upon the expertise and motivation of our staff in order to work towards our many aims and meet objectives. We aim to be an equal opportunity employer; the organisation recognises and respects the value and diversity of all. We gladly make the adjustments required for people with disabilities to join us. Our diverse functions mean that we can offer you a wide range of rewarding career opportunities.
Diabetes UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable and expects all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
To learn more about the work we do - Click here